Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Caitlin M's Nature Compositions

Pristine Video:





Pristine Nature Reflection
When I made this composition I based it mostly off of this picture. I liked that it showed two people, just watching the sky, being awed by the beauty of nature. It reminded me of being a kid again. I think that the beginning of my piece represents clouds, and the darkness of nature...and then when the melody starts and the pitch of the music gets higher that represents the sun coming out, slowly but surely, awing the people watching. As the end slowly fades, that to me is the sun fading again. The piece gives off a slightly mysterious feel, but I like that because I feel like it shows the "bigness" of nature. Nature IS mysterious, because it is something bigger than us. The two people just watching the sun and clouds hopefully realize that nature is an amazing thing.
When making this piece i used pictures from online; Google and Photobucket. At first I was just looking for beautiful nature pictures, but when I found this picture I knew it was what I wanted to use and that was what gave me the idea for the theme of the sun overpowering the clouds. I chose the loops based on this theme, the beginning representing clouds, the middle representing sun, and the end representing the sun slowly fading. When I was done with the composition, I played with the tempo until it felt "right" to me.



Polluted Nature Reflection
When I made this composition I based it mostly off of this picture. For one thing, the picture creeped me out! It reminded me of heavy machinery, junk metal, and smoke. So those are the pictures I used for the rest of the composition. When choosing my loops I wanted something that gave me a junky, metallic feel as well as creepy/sci-fi-ish because that's what the main picture reminded me of. I wanted the tempo to be fairly fast, and remind me of a factory "pumping" out it's product, as well as "pumping" out pollution. I feel that the final result does produce a "factory"-esque feel as well as give off a junky/metallic/creepy feel.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great videos
I liked the pristine song but I didn't really like the pictures because they were all about the sea and it could of have been more than the sea.
The polluted video I really liked and the pictures were good.
Keep the faith :)
by Elliot

Anonymous said...

great. I really like these. Especially the first one when the sun comes out the music fits perfectly. I also like the heavy metalic music used in the second for polluted.

Anonymous said...

Great music!
I liked both of the music types they really fit in with the themes.....
However the pictures, they fit as well, but the pictures were very regular pictures of the oceans and smoke for pollution.
Other than that the videos were great and enjoyable.
By Dayna

Post a Comment